Wednesday, June 25, 2014

34 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
34 Weeks


Baby Salisbury is the size of a Butternut Squash this week!



Whelp, we've managed to keep this little stinker an inside baby! I've been discharged to my sister's house for almost a week now, and we're still hanging on. I'm still experiencing some mild contractions but, as of Monday, I haven't dilated any further! 

When they checked my cervix on Friday, I wasn't progressing so they decided to let me go to Ogden to my brother and sister's apartment to be on bed rest until either I deliver or until I hit 36 weeks. They didn't want to send me home because if they did, and I was to deliver before 36 weeks, my hospital would have to send us right back out the city because they don't have the facility to deal with pre-term babies. So, we came up with the solution of me being discharged to my sibling's house so that way if I do go into labor, I'll be literally 2 minutes away from a hospital with a NICU. Now, if I make it to 36 weeks, I can go home and deliver at my hospital with my doctor because Baby Salisbury won't need the NICU at that point (hopefully!). 
So, that's the new goal. 

I've got to be honest though, I was kind of looking forward to meeting this little guy. I know that it sounds terrible and selfish, but I would have been kind of okay with him being born (as long as he is healthy, of course). So now that it looks like that we might make it to 36 weeks (or even further),  I'm a little bummed. I was ready to meet him and cuddle him and love him. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm more than fine with him not being ready yet, but I did get excited for a little while there. 

We still have 12 days before we hit 36 weeks so there's still a chance that he'll make an appearance, but as of right now, it looks like he'll maybe make it to term. Which, I'm actually very grateful for despite my minor disappointment at not being able to meet him yet.

But, here's the second best thing to actually getting to hold him in my arms.
We got another 3D ultrasound at my appointment on Monday.
Same little chubby boy with the grumpy face. I love it.



So here I am, bored out of my mind, imposing on my wonderful siblings for the next 12 days. J had to go home to go back to work. Which is fine since nothing is happening here. I miss him, but I understand that it's not feasible to expect him to stay with me all day, every day. My siblings have been great though. They make me food, wait on me, and get me anything I want or need. I'm so so so grateful to them. I know that I'm a burden and I'm so happy that I have such understanding and patient siblings. My brother and sister share an apartment so I'm staying with them, and my other sister lives only 20 minutes away. So I'm in good hands. (:


If anything interesting happens, I'll try to update. But as of right now, I'm just a "ticking time bomb". That's what the nurses say anyway. I'm still 5 cm dilated, 90% effaced and my membranes are right there. So basically, my water could break at any moment. I guess we'll see! 


Here's my latest and greatest (as in biggest) belly shot. 

I guess we'll see if this is my last belly shot or not. Only time will tell! 

Have a great week! 

-K




1 comment:

  1. So glad you and Baby Salsy are both hanging in there! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete