Wednesday, June 4, 2014

31 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
31 Weeks! 

This week Baby Salisbury is the size of a Pineapple! 


The countdown continues...only 9 weeks to go! Holy guacamole, time is flying by!


So last week, I promised to update with pictures of my shower....
I may have lied. Well, not so much lied, as just didn't remember to take any pictures...

BUT, my step-mom did (thank goodness for her!) so as soon as I can steal those from her, I'll put pictures up. I promise for real this time! 

I must brag though...
My sisters threw the most adorable shower ever! The decorations were soooooo cute and I had a really good time! I am so grateful for everyone who came, it really meant a lot to me. And now, thanks to everyone, I have a fairly respectable diaper/wipes stash going on! I love it! 

We also got a really cute Winnie the Pooh stroller from my brother and sister-in-law and I think somebody really likes it...

Silly Luna. 
I wonder what she'll do when there's a baby in the stroller and she can't jump up there anymore.



Well, this last week has been pretty...entertaining? 
I've been to the hospital every day since Monday and I'm so over it. 

Monday I went in for a routine NST (Non Stress Test) and fetal growth ultrasound. It's a completely standard set of tests that I'm going to be doing weekly from here on out to monitor the baby and his growth because of my Gestational Diabetes. Because when you have GD, the babies tend to be born big. They want to make sure that he's not growing too big, too fast. 
The NST involves my belly being hooked up to monitors so they can follow the baby's heart rate/movements just to make sure that he's moving as often as he should and that his heart rate is good. And the fetal growth ultrasound is to measure how big he is and see how much he actually weighs. 

We passed the NST with flying colors. His heart rate and movements were perfect! The nurse said they could use his strip to teach a class. Good job, kid! (Proud mom moment!) 



And the fetal growth scan went really well too! The only thing is that he's a chunky baby! Where as the average baby at this age weighs a little less than 4 lbs, our "little" guy weighed in at 4 lbs 12oz! The lady said it could be off by +/- a week, but even so...looks like he's measuring ahead at this point. We'll keep monitoring it to make sure he's not getting too big too fast. 


And that was just Monday- 

Tuesday, I went in because I was feeling some cramping and having an excessive amount of Braxton Hicks contractions. Braxton Hicks are normal, but any more than 4-5 in an hour can be a sign of Pre-Term Labor. I was having multiple Braxton Hicks an hour for about 6 hours. That was too many and the nurse in Labor & Delivery told me to come on in for monitoring. While there, they did pick up some contractions. They gave me some medication to stop the contractions, and I got to go home. 

Then today, I had to come in as a follow up to yesterday's adventure. My doctor wanted me to come back in so that he could check my cervix to make sure that it's still closed and that the contractions weren't making it dilate. 

Everything looks good! No more Braxton Hicks, and my cervix remains closed! The only issue I'm having now, is that they found protein in my urine today and now I have to do a oh-so-fun 24 hour urine collection to see exactly how much protein is in my urine. Protein in the urine can be a sign of Toxemia or Preeclampsia. Hopefully it's nothing like that. I really don't want another medical condition to worry about! I'll keep you all updated.

Anyway...

Here's my 31 week belly! 
(Just ignore the grimy work bathroom)


Thanks for catching up with me! Hope everyone has a great week! 

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment