Monday, May 26, 2014

30 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
30 Weeks!

This week Baby Salisbury is the size of a Cucumber


We're almost there, people! 10 weeks to go, but only 7 weeks until we're full term! 

I can't believe that I could potentially have this baby in 7 weeks...YIKES! 



We're still tinkering away in the nursery. 
I've only got one corner done...


I want to pick up the pace, but we're still waiting on the rest of our furniture. My nesting instinct is going haywire but I can't do anything! It's making me crazy...
But I really like to go in there and sit in that chair and try and imagine what life is going to be like in 2 months. I'm going to be a mom. J is going to be a dad. 
Wow...it's just mind blowing!
I love just sitting in the nursery and feeling the kiddo kick and move around. 
It's the most comforting feeling in the world. 

It's kind of funny though...whenever J puts his hand on my stomach to try and feel the baby move, even if the kid has just been doing somersaults, he'll stop immediately. I don't know what he's got against his dad, but he refuses to kick for him! It's kind of funny, but I really wish the kid would cooperate, at least part of the time. 
I want J to be able to feel him. He's only ever felt him kick like twice. 

I'm not sure how the baby knows, but it's like clockwork- 

Me: Hurry, come feel! He's kicking
(J comes over and puts his hand on my belly) 
J: I don't feel anything
(Baby stops kicking)

Thanks kid. *sigh*



Well, in other news, I didn't have any medical issues this last week, so it's been pretty boring at the Salisbury house. (Let me just say that I'm totally okay with this)
But I've got to say, this 3rd trimester is kicking my butt. 

I had a really decent 1st and 2nd trimester. Hardly any symptoms. I had some mild nausea and there was a couple weeks where my lower back was hurting me a lot, but that's really it. I was never as tired as I am now! It's like as soon as I hit 28 weeks, my body decided to give up. 

I've started taking naps. And if you know me, you'll know that I don't do naps. I hate them because I always wake up from them feeling groggy and worse than I did before. But for the past few days, I can't help but fall asleep in the afternoons. I don't wake up feeling great, but I guess my body really needs it. 
So I won't fight it. 


I hope that these next 10 weeks go by fast. I'm so excited to meet our little one! We've been waiting a long time for this and we've fought so hard to stay positive. I just want these last couple months to be over so that I can hold my son. I want to cuddle him, take care of him, have long sleepless nights because he's cranky and won't sleep. I want to be a mom. I want to experience everything that goes along with that. Even the not so fun parts. Bring it on! I can't wait! 



Oh! My baby shower is this next Saturday. I'm so excited! If I know my sisters, I know it'll be a great party! They've been working hard to make this shower happen and I'm so grateful to the both of them! 
They both win the "Best Aunt Award" that I just made up. My son is going to love them as much as I do (: 
I'll update the blog with pictures of the shower next week! 



So here's my 30 week belly- 
We're getting there! 


I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! 

-K




No comments:

Post a Comment