Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I took the plunge.


Well, I did it. 

I bought my first baby item yesterday. Drum roll please...





TA-DA! 



Anti-climactic right? Well, as insignificant as it may seem, this was actually quite a big deal for me. 

I've been so afraid to buy ANYTHING for Baby Salisbury  because I just can't stand the thought of jinxing myself. After 3 losses, I don't feel like there's any "safe" point anymore. Most women that I've spoken to feel that after 12 weeks, they're out of the danger zone. But after what I went through last July, I just can't agree with that. 

Anyway, after our consultation with a Perinatologist (high-risk pregnancy doctor) yesterday afternoon, where everything looked great and Baby Salisbury was bouncing and wiggling around in there, I felt much more ready to take the plunge and buy something! So when we went to Target to work on our registry, I decided 
"Okay, what the heck? Let's do it!" I stopped where I was, looked down and there it was. An adorable little elephant bottle. $5. Perfect. 

I know that to most expectant mothers, this may seem like a trivial purchase. Most women buy clothes or nursery furniture as there first purchase. But this was a big step for me. And to be honest, I love it. I think it's tiny and adorable. The perfect compliment to Baby Salisbury. 


Here's the latest picture of our little guy. It's a really blurry profile shot. 
He was moving around so much that this is the best shot they could get. 
Little stinker (:


Thanks for reading! 

-K





No comments:

Post a Comment