Sunday, March 30, 2014

22 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
22 Weeks


Baby Salisbury is the size of a papaya this week! 


It's been a good week. J and I had to go out to Salt Lake City for a Perinatologist (high risk pregnancy doctor) appointment. My doctor wanted me to go there for a consultation due to my history of past losses and also because of my history with chemotherapy and radiation. 

The appointment went great! They ended up doing their own thorough anatomy scan (I had one done at 18.5 weeks as well) so that they could measure baby and get a good read on the placenta and fluid. The doctor was incredibly nice. She said that everything looked great and that my past chemotherapy should not affect this baby. That took a huge weight off my chest. 

Baby was measuring perfectly with a great heartbeat. (I got to hear it for the first time, which was awesome!)

After our appointment, my wonderful husband took me to Red Lobster. I ate a whole pound of crab legs by myself. I am not ashamed. They were soooooo good! And I also ate half my weight in those Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I'm a little ashamed of that. The waiter also gave me 4 biscuits to go. I ate 2 on the way home. 

After lunch, J took me to Target where we worked on our registry a little bit and where we bought our first baby item! We bought a little elephant bottle. I've been so nervous to buy anything for the babe because I have this irrational fear that I'm going to jinx us, but I did it! It's adorable and I'm glad that I bought it.

On our way home, J stopped at the shopping outlets in Park City. I bought 3 maternity shirts and a pair of maternity jeans. I can still fit into most of my old jeans (with the help of a belly band) but I was just ready to get something more comfy. And oh my gosh, they're HEAVEN. I've never known comfort like this!

After being initially really nervous about my high risk appointment, it turned out to be a really great day (:

I've been feeling really good ever since. My energy is coming  back, but I'm still really lazy about doing chores. Mostly laundry. I'll start a load and move it to the dryer but that's about as far as I get. I HATE folding laundry now. I never used to mind it, but I cannot bring myself to do it. It's irritated J to the point where he's banished me from doing laundry.
"If you're not going to finish it, don't start it. I'll do it"
Okay! *dream come true* I'm off laundry duty until this child is born!




He said it like I should feel bad, but I really don't. I've never been more happy to let him do something.







Oh, and here's my 22 week bump!


Thanks for reading my silly little blog! Have a wonderful week! 

-K




No comments:

Post a Comment