Sunday, April 6, 2014

23 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
23 Weeks


Baby Salisbury is the size of a Grapefruit 


This week has been a very good week! I've been feeling our little one kick a lot lately! 
That may not sound super exciting, but I have an anterior placenta (placenta is between me and the baby) so it's a lot harder for me to feel him right now. Once he gets bigger, it won't matter where my placenta is, but as of right now, I feel him less frequently and with a lot less force. 

Speaking of feeling him, I actually have started to feel him kick from the outside. J even felt it too! We were laying in bed this past Saturday and I put his hand on my stomach where the baby was kicking and he felt it! 
It's kind of a neat moment when your husband can feel the baby for the first time. Like, it's not just you anymore. The baby is now real because others can feel it. It's a really cool feeling. 

This week, we also received some ADORABLE baby clothes and a baby blanket from J's parents! 
These are our son's first clothes and they're so freaking cute. 

Thanks Grandma & Grandpa! 

My favorite is the whale outfit. 
The onsie says "one cute catch" and the whale on the butt of those pants is just too cute for words. 
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We love them!


This week wasn't all about baby though...
My dad and my husband were very handy and fixed our bed frame for me. It was collecting dust in the spare bedroom, but now I have my wonderful king size back up on it's frame and it's glorious. It lifted our bed up by like a 6 inches and I swear, it feels like a whole new bed. 
I've missed it. 

J and I also started spring cleaning our house/yard. We're not really starting anything on the yard this year, but we are starting to comb through our back yard (it's 1 acre, by the way) and pick up cobble stones so that when we do lay sod down, eventually, there won't be small boulders under it. 
It's going to take FOREVER, but it'll be worth it. 

I think I've got spring fever though because I'm going through our house, room by room, and de-cluttering. My nesting instincts are going crazy too! I just want to set my nursery up, but then I remember that we don't actually have any furniture yet. And that we won't have any until June or July. *sigh*
I'll just have to settle for putting together the small touches for now.


Oh! And we also went over to my parent's house for 2 meals today! Mmmm...food.
It's my dad's birthday so we went over for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was bacon and cream cheese bagels and dinner was tamales! There were also large amounts of carrot cake involved. So good!



So Here's a birthday shout out to my dad! J and I are so grateful to have you in our lives. You're always there for us and I cannot wait for you to meet your grandson. He's going to love you as much as we do.





Well, here's my belly at 23 weeks. 
Only about 17 weeks left to go! 
Holy crap...that's only 4 months...

YIKES. 



I hope everyone has a tremendous week!

-K




1 comment:

  1. Look forward to this each week. So glad you liked the clothes. Can't wait to hold him.

    ReplyDelete