Sunday, May 11, 2014

28 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
28 weeks

This week, Baby Salisbury is the size of an Eggplant. 



You know, sometimes I hate these food comparisons. 
Because now I REALLY want 
Eggplant Parmesan...
And it feels a little creepy to be consuming something that is the size of your child.

It's a weird mental block to have. But, in all honesty, if someone were to set a dish of delicious, gooey, melty Eggplant Parmesan in front of me *hint hint*, it would be gone in a flash. 




Well, people, this is it. The final countdown until we get to meet/hold/kiss/snuggle/love our son.

3 months = 12 weeks = 84 days = 2016 hours =120,960 minutes. 

Sorry, I'm obviously a little excited. 




As some of you may have already seen, we got our 3D Ultrasound done last week. 
I just love being able to see him from a new perspective. Black and white profile shots can get pretty boring after a while, so seeing his little "grumpy" face (that's what I like to call it) was so much fun for us. 

Grumpy Face

You guys should have seen J during the ultrasound. As soon as the technician started getting (identifiable) images of his face, J was up off the chair and inches away from the screen so that he could get a better look. It was the sweetest thing to witness. 

He likes to pretend that he's calm and cool, but I know that he'll go nuts for this kid once he sees him. It was sort of like getting a preview of our son making his arrival. I can't wait to see the look on J's face when he meets the baby for the first time. And I can't wait for him to fall as completely in love with this baby as I am already. 

(So I have to interrupt this post for a second)

J just came into the bedroom, where I'm typing this up, and he laid down next to me and put his head on my belly. I said "talk to him, so he recognizes your voice".
J put his head back down and mumbled something to the baby and after a minute he said "Rude! This is a one sided conversation. We've already failed as parents because we haven't taught our kid manners". 
That just cracked me up, so I had to share! 


(Now- back to your regularly scheduled blog post)



So today just so happens to be Mother's Day. I called and chatted with my mom today, but I hope that she reads this too. 

I love you mom! I know that I'm awful at phone calls, and I'm awful at remembering dates. But I just want you to know that no matter what, I love you. You were there for me when I was fighting my fight with cancer. You taught me so much and had faith in me no matter the circumstance. I cannot wait for this baby to meet you and have you as a grandmother. 


And to all my other mothers out there! I'm looking at you Sharon and Teri! We love you both so much. You've both been there for both J and I when we needed it the most. You're wonderful mothers and we love you to the moon and back. 

Baby Salisbury will be so spoiled in the grandma department when he gets here. We're so fortunate to have you all in our lives. 

I also want to give a shout out to everyone else who is reading this who is a mother. 
Sisters, friends, acquaintances, total strangers...

Happy Mother's Day to you all! 
Each and every one of you is wonderful and you do the hardest, most rewarding job on Earth. 


Well, I think that about sums it up. I'm going to go check on dinner (RIBS!). 

Here's a shot of my bump at 28 weeks! 
I don't even want to know how big I'm going to be in another 3 months.


Hope to catch you next week! 

-K





No comments:

Post a Comment