Sunday, May 4, 2014

27 Weeks

Weekly Check-In
27 Weeks! 

This week, Baby Salisbury is the size of a Rutabaga? 
(I'm going to be honest...I have zero idea what a rutabaga is. I'll be googling it after I post this)


Well folks...looks like we made it to the 3rd Trimester! *fist pump*

I'm 2/3 of the way there. 13 more weeks! A little over 3 months. That's insane to me. 

I honestly never thought that I'd make it this far. I feel like every day is a blessing. I'm not a religious person, but I feel like there's someone watching out for us out there. Every day that I feel my son wiggle around in there is a gift. And while I sometimes feel miserable (swollen ankles, huge stomach, always hot, gestational diabetes etc...), I regret nothing. I'd do anything for this kid. He's going to be so worth it. 



So this week I've decided to take on some "projects"

I decided that instead of registering for OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive nursery furniture, I would find/hit up family for gently used furniture then re-finish/paint everything to match each other. 

So far, we have a crib coming from J's sister (Thanks so much for that, BTW!) and I found a super cute little end table at one of the yard sales my friend and I went to this weekend. J's sister is going to paint the crib white for us (another HUGE thank you!) and the end table is going to be painted "Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue" and the top and legs will be "Nautical". We'll probably use these colors throughout the nursery so that the furniture compliments each other even though it will not match. 

                                       
                                     Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue                                                 Nautical 

Oh, and here's the end table. I didn't think to take a picture before J disassembled it for me...but you can kind of get the idea? I'll definitely post an update as soon as it's all painted and pretty. Hopefully I'll be able to muster up the energy to finish it by this next weekend. 
*wishful thinking*



I'm still on the hunt for a long dresser. You know the kind that are about waist height, 5ish feet long and have something like 6-8 drawers? Yeah...those things are freaking rare. 
I've been perusing my local Facebook yard sale sites and there is NOTHING. 
All anybody has for sale are tall dressers. 
And then when you do find a long dresser, it's beat to hell. Or ugly as hell. Or expensive as hell. 

I just can't win. There wasn't even anything at the six or seven yard sales that we hit up this weekend. 
Kind of a bummer. But I'm not going to quit looking...not until like July. Then I may have to give in and buy a new dresser so that I have a place to put my son's clothes...


This week we also have our 3D ultrasound. Honestly, I wasn't all that interested in getting one, but apparently, at my hospital, they're complimentary.
So...after I heard it was free, I sort of changed my tune. I feel like one of those extreme couponer ladies. 
Do they need all of that stuff? No. But it's FREE. 
I'm just saying that I understand where they're coming from. 

I'll also be posting a picture of our little dude once we get that done. I'm actually pretty excited about it now. I don't exactly love the way 3D ultrasounds look (kind of like melted candle wax) but I'm really curious to see my son's features more clearly. Up until now it's been all profile and wiener shots. Might be a nice change of scenery. (:

Speaking of a change of scenery, here's a shot of my 27 week bump (more like mountain). I'm feeling pretty ginormous these days. 



You all have a great week! I'll update after our 3D ultrasound! 

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment