Saturday, May 17, 2014

I should be on HGTV or something...

Okay, so a couple weeks ago, I posted that I was re-finishing an end table for the baby's nursery. 

I bought the end table in question at a yard sale for $15. We (AKA my husband) sanded the whole thing down and then I painted it. 

I picked 2 colors from the same paint chip palette. The lighter color is called Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue and the second, darker color is called Nautical. I would have loved to have my husband's input on the colors, but J can't see color. He's color deficient. So, basically, he views the world like a black and white movie. 

(This chart helps me understand what he sees) 
J would be roman numeral V. 
US Flag color blind.png

But, even though he can't see color, he loves that I chose the Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue color. The Grand Hotel Mackinac is on Mackinac Island in Michigan. J is from Michigan, so picking that color was like bringing a little bit of Michigan into our Utah nursery.

I like the symbolic-ness of it. 

Anyway, here is the 'before' picture of the end table. 

Blah. Plain. Boring

And here are the 'after' pictures! 




Isn't it just adorable? I love it! 

And yes, that's a Yellow Submarine sitting on top. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but we're doing a Beatles theme for the nursery. Nothing over the top, just cute little touches here and there. 

It's going to be amazing. 

So...there you have it. An adorable little end table for my son's room. 

HGTV, I'll be expecting your call with an offer for a TV show any day now. 

-K 


No comments:

Post a Comment